Valentine’s Day Fun Facts
The season of love is amongst us, which means many are heading to the store to pick the most beautiful bouquet of flowers, the most delicious chocolate, and a reservation at the perfect restaurant to celebrate Valentine’s Day. While love and appreciation is the universal theme of this special holiday, it is important that we take a moment to appreciate some fun facts about Valentine’s Day:
- Did you know that approximately 36 million heart shaped boxes filled with decedent chocolate are sold annually for Valentine’s Day? Try to break the trend and splurge for some chocolate covered strawberries.
- How much do you spend on showing the one you love most how much they truly mean to you? Men spend on average $130 annually showing their ladies how much they love them with candy, flowers, cards, jewelry, and dates.
- Annually, approximately 1 billion Valentine’s Day cards are exchanged in the United States online. This is the second largest card-sending occasion. Christmas comes first.
- Who does not love reading the cute little verses on candy hearts? Well, by the looks of it the majority of us do as 8 billion candy hearts are produced annually. If you were to stretch out those 8 billion candy hearts, it could travel from Rome to Arizona 20 times back and forth.
- Only 27 percent of women purchase flowers on Valentine’s Day.
- Approximately 50 million roses are given on Valentine’s Day worldwide, annually.
Happy Valentine’s Day! Contact North American Underwriters in Farmington for all of your Connecticut insurance needs. We have been providing Connecticut residents with unparalleled insurance solutions since 1967 and continue to provide the absolute best coverage to our neighbors each day. Don’t Renew Until You Call NAU!