Habitational Risk

Habitational insurance is a type of insurance designed to provide coverage for properties that are occupied by tenants or used as rental properties, including:

  1. Property insurance: Provides coverage for damage to the rental property and any personal property owned by the landlord, such as appliances and furniture. This type of coverage can help protect against damage caused by fire, theft, or other covered events.
  2. Liability insurance: Provides coverage for bodily injury and property damage claims that may arise from the rental property. This type of coverage can help protect against claims related to accidents, such as slip-and-fall accidents or property damage caused by the rental property.
  3. Loss of rental income insurance: Provides coverage for lost income and expenses that may arise if the rental property becomes uninhabitable due to a covered event, such as a fire or other disaster.
  4. Equipment breakdown insurance: Provides coverage for damage to equipment and appliances owned by the landlord, such as air conditioning units, furnaces, and water heaters.
  5. Workers’ compensation insurance: Provides benefits to employees who are injured on the job. This type of coverage is particularly important for landlords who hire contractors or employees to perform maintenance or repairs on the rental property.


We are licensed in Arizona, Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, Nevada, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Texas, Vermont, and Washington. 

Farmington Office
   16 Spring Ln #1
Farmington , CT 06032

   Phone: (860) 674-4000

Hamden Office
North American Underwriters

2321 Whitney Ave.
Suite 324
Hamden, CT 06518
    Phone: (203) 230-8810

Main: (860) 674-4030
Commercial: (203) 230-8806

Trusted Choice Insurance Agency logo

Monday - Friday: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM EST
Saturday & Sunday: Closed