The perfect chocolate chip cookie has crispy edges and chewy middles, bake them for National Cookie Day!
Chocolate cookies mean different things to many people. Perhaps it brings you back to when your grandmother used to bake some delicious cookies when she would come visit and serve them with a warm glass of milk. Or maybe it reminds you of the times you and your friends would stay up all night eating nothing but junk food, while playing games during sleepovers. Whatever they may mean to you, a good reason to bake a sweet dessert is always good. Here is an easy recipe to make delicious chocolate chips!
Preparation time: 1 hour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons hot water
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Mix the butter, white sugar, and brown sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. Dissolve baking soda in hot water. Add to batter along with salt. Stir in flour, chocolate chips, and nuts. Use a spoon to plop out balls of cookie dough and drop them on the pan.
- Bake for about 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until edges are nicely browned and look like cookies.
We at North American Underwriters hope you enjoy National Cookie day and enjoy eating them. Contact North American Underwriters for all of your insurance needs in Bristol, Farmington, Plainville, and surrounding Connecticut areas.