These tips can help to ensure you have the right amount of boat insurance in New Britain, CT when the weather warms up.
Even though there are still a few more months until it is boating season, taking the time to get your boat ready while it is cold outside can help to ensure you are ready when the weather warms up. Use this boat insurance in New Britain, CT guide to ensure you have the right amount of coverage when boating season arrives.
- Your home insurance policy will not provide the coverage you need for your boat. Unless you have a very small boat, you need a specific boat insurance policy to keep you covered.
- You have the option to choose cash value or replacement cost for your boat, much like with your home insurance policy. Talk with your insurance agent to see which option will work best for your needs.
- If you store your boat all winter, you may be able to enjoy a boat insurance discount. Find out if your insurance company offers a “layup” discount for when your boat is stored.
- While it isn’t standard, you have the option to add uninsured boater injury coverage to your policy to provide extra protection you need.
- Enrolling in a safe boating course will help to lower the cost of your boat insurance while also giving you the skills you need to stay safe on the water.
- If you are planning on taking your boat into international waters, make sure to talk with your insurance agent. You may have to add a cruising extension to your policy to provide the additional coverage you need.
When it comes to finding the right boat insurance in New Britain, CT, contact the insurance experts at North American Underwriter. Serving Bristol, Farmington, New Britain, Plainville, and surrounding Connecticut areas, we will work with you to ensure you have the right amount of protection, all at the right price to fit your budget.