Truck insurance is something your business requires if trucks are involved in any way, shape, or form.

The truck business is a booming business as they deliver nearly everything that we use on a daily basis: our computers, phones, lamps, televisions, food, drinks, and more. You should know that a standard auto insurance policy will not cover you in the event of an accident while you’re or your employees are driving a truck. If your business entails the transportations of goods and services via trucks, then a commercial truck insurance policy is what you’re going to need.

Commercial Truck Insurance Q&A

Q: I am new to the trucking industry, what commercial truck insurance do I need?

A: You’ll likely need commercial auto liability, physical damage coverage, cargo insurance, bobtail insurance, and non-owned trailer coverage. It may seem like a lot, but compared to the possible damage costs, it’s minuscule.

Q: If I have to have my vehicle towed, will my insurance cover it?

A: If your truck required towing due to an accident, then your insurance will cover it. If it’s a mechanical issue, you will not be covered.

Q: If I have to file a claim, for how long will it affect my insurance?

A: Most claims that are filed will affect your insurance premiums for about three years.

Q: Is bobtail insurance the same as non-trucking liability insurance?

A: While they are confused for the same thing often, they are not the same thing. Leased operators tend to require non-trucking insurance, but many still refer to this as bobtail insurance.

When it comes to finding the right commercial truck insurance in New Britain, CT, contact the insurance experts at North American Underwriters. Serving Bristol, Farmington, New Britain, Plainville, and surrounding Connecticut areas, we will work with you to ensure you have the right amount of protection, all at the right price to fit your budget.