Maintaining Heart Health For American Heart Month
Did you know that it is American Heart Month in February? This promotional month of awareness and education strives to empower Americans to take control of their heart health. In recognition of American Heart Month North American Underwriters will be making a donation for every new policy written in the month of February. When the necessary preventative measures are followed, our bodies can continue thriving year after year. Gathered are a few of the essential heart health measures to start practicing in February and beyond:
- It is important that you see your doctor annually, even if you are feeling healthier than ever. Often, there are underlying symptoms that cannot be seen by the naked eye, so continue seeing your doctor each year.
- Unless you have a history of high blood pressure it is not necessary for you to monitor your numbers daily, but checking your blood pressure each time you visit the pharmacy is a great preventative habit to get accustomed to.
- When was the last time your doctor checked your cholesterol? These numbers should be checked every five years, unless you have a family history of high cholesterol.
- Maintaining a healthy diet and weight is extremely important. Therefore, try to indulge on fresh fruits, veggies, and protein on a daily basis. A nutritious diet is key to maintaining a healthy heart.
- Your body needs regular exercise, even if you are not overweight. It is important that you get at least 150 minutes of moderate to intense physical activity each week, preferably more. Get your heart pumping and it will reward you in the long run!
- Most importantly, if you continue to smoke cigarettes it is time to break the habit. This habit will significantly reduce the health of your heart. We have all the resources and knowledge regarding the dangers of cigarette smoking.
Contact North American Underwriters in Farmington for all of your Connecticut insurance needs. We have been providing Connecticut residents with unparalleled insurance solutions since 1967 and continue to provide the absolute best coverage to our neighbors each day. Don’t Renew Until You Call NAU!