Determine if you need insurance for your company holiday party.
The season of festivities, parties, and gift giving is here! During this time, and because it’s the spirit of the season, many businesses host parties for their employees to celebrate the seasonal holidays and team accomplishments. While a party promotes camaraderie and a fun event for your employees, employers should be aware of the risks that a holiday party entails. This includes determining whether you need insurance for your company holiday party.
Whether you choose to host the party at a golf club, swanky restaurant, local bar, or even at the office, you’ll still need to take a look at your insurance policies. Talk to your insurer about your employment liability insurance coverage and any limitations you may have, such as if your policy covers third-party liquor liability. As the most common issues are intoxication and harassment at a company event, planning ahead is key.
To keep festivities at a high and risks at a low, check out how you can lower your company’s liability dangers.
- Use professional bartenders and instruct them not to serve anyone who appears to be intoxicated or under the age of 21.
- Host your party at a hotel, restaurant or bar with a liquor license instead of the office, as the venue will need a certificate of insurance.
- Serve a full meal so that it lessens the effect of alcohol.
- Distribute drink tickets to limit the number of free drinks. Generally, people are less inclined to drink if they have to purchase it themselves.
- Arrange alternative transportation, such as Uber or Lyft, to drive people home so that they aren’t driving drunk.
- Remind employees via email about your company’s code of conduct and substance abuse policy prior to the party.
For help finding the right business insurance in Farmington, CT, and the surrounding cities, contact the independent insurance professionals at North American Underwriters. Serving New Britain, Bristol, Farmington, Plainville, and all of Connecticut; we will work with you to ensure you have the right amount of protection for your specific situation, all at the right price.