Summertime is now in full swing, meaning that it’s time to fire up the grill and cook yourself some much-anticipated baby back ribs.
Summer is the perfect time to experiment with the grill—especially for us in the New England area where the winters are long and the summers seemingly can’t wait to leave (but hey, at least our football team is essentially the best). Now that summer is in full swing, your BBQ ribs senses must be driving you wild. Well, suffer no more! This recipe for delicious baby back ribs is bound to satisfy every taste bud on your tongue so, without further ado, here is the summer recipe you’ve been craving!
Prep Time: 1 hour 35 minutes
Servings: 6 servings
Calories: 441 (per serving)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup barbeque sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 3 pounds baby back pork ribs
- Preheat a gas grill for high heat, or arrange the charcoal on one side of the barbeque. Lightly oil the grate.
- In a small jar, combine cumin, chili powder, paprika, salt, and pepper. Close the lid, and shake to mix.
- Trim the membrane sheath from the back of each rack. Run a small, sharp knife between the membrane and each rib, and snip off the membrane as much as possible. Sprinkle as much of the rub onto both sides of the ribs as desired. To prevent the ribs from becoming too dark and spicy, do not thoroughly rub the spices into the ribs. Store the unused portion of the spice mix for future use.
- Place aluminum foil on lower rack to capture drippings and prevent flare-ups. Lay the ribs on the top rack of the grill (away from the coals, if you’re using briquettes). Reduce gas heat to low, close lid, and leave undisturbed for 1 hour. Do not lift the lid at all.
- Brush ribs with barbeque sauce and grill an additional 5 minutes. Serve ribs as whole rack, or cut between each rib bone and pile individually on a platter.
We at North American Underwriters hope you enjoy the journey it takes to make these ribs and the end-result of eating them. Contact North American Underwriters for all of your insurance needs in Bristol, Farmington, Plainville, and surrounding Connecticut areas.